Villa vacation rental is an important question when you plan your vacation. I hope this rough villa vacation rental guide will help you with this question.
You should specify as detailed as possible all needs and preferences of each member of your family or of the company you are planning to spend your vacation with. Tell the agent what you are expecting from your villa - its location, views, equipment, etc. Nobody knows, except you, what you really need and want. Do not forget to mention every detail. And do not be afraid to look funny. The more specific you will be the greater is the chance that you will get what you want. Remember, that all services cost money and influence on the cost of villa vacation rental. If you know exactly that a tennis court or a swimming pool will be no use for you, then mention it. You will save your money. It makes no sense to pay for services you are not gonna use. Ok, it is just an introduction to the question of vacation villa rentals.
I advise you to be careful about the following aspects concerning villa vacation rental.
- Exact time when villa tenancies begin and end. It will help you to arrange your flights in line with these times.
- On occasions some owners are able to reduce the weekly rental price during the low & mid seasons, for couples or smaller groups. On such bookings it is normal that not all bedrooms will be prepared or made available.
- Occupancy levels must be strictly adhered to in line with the detailed in each villa description. Some properties are able to accommodate an extra person and, with the owner's permission, an extra folding bed (or similar) can be provided at extra charge.
- Most villa owners are able to arrange an optional welcome pack in most properties to provide a light snack & refreshments on arrival.
- In order to maintain standards the owner/agent must arrange a regular schedule for people to clean the pool, attend the garden and carry out minor repairs throughout the season. Your cooperation will be appreciated in allowing reasonable access to trades people during your stay.
- All villa descriptions are to be clear and informative:
- Distances from the most appropriate airport in order of convenience, city or town, main entertainments, beach, etc.;
- Kitchen equipment: fridge and cooking facilities;
- Bathrooms: whether bath or just shower the term "bathroom" is used;
- Whether pets of any kind are allowed;
- Linen and towels, including beach towels;
- Irons and ironing boards;
- Whether racquets and balls are provided, if the villa has a tennis court;
- If your villa has a telephone, the description will indicate if there is a meter, which means you can make and receive calls and will be asked to pay the telephone bill at the end of your holiday. Alternatively, the telephone may be for incoming or local calls only;
- Which channels or networks will be available in individual villas. Will there be available channels on your mother tongue?
- Baby equipment - cots, highchairs, playpens, etc.
I recommend you to make a list of questions and amenities necessary for your vacation not to miss any important detail when you will talk with an agent about