Looking for diversity and surprises? Fed up with a usually tiring view of the city? There is a place, which can excel all your expectations... And the place is Venezuela! A Venezuela vacation will offer you an unsurpassable variety of activities to choose, places to explore, beauties to enjoy.
Have you ever wondered where the name Venezuela comes from? As it turns out, it has a very romantic origin. When the first explorers arrived, they saw the houses over the water of the Sinamaica lagoon (Zulia state), not far from Maracaibo, that reminded them of the city of Venice. That is the reason why they called the region "Little Venice", which in Spanish will be Venezuela.
The capital of Venezuela is Caracas; it is, at the same time, a perfect example of multifariousness, so characteristic of the country as a whole! For instance, on the one hand, Caracas's inhabitants can enjoy all year long the beaches, located only half an hour away; on the other hand, the nice weather of the mountain at a similar distance. To feel the sense of diversity, it is a good idea to make Caracas a part of the trip during your Venezuela vacation.
The diversity, offered to a visitor, can puzzle even the most experienced adventurer. However, some places are definitely more famous than the others; let us have a look at the chart 'Top 5 places to visit during your Venezuela vacation'.
1. One of the most interesting regions in Venezuela is, without any doubt, the Gran Sabana, located in the southeast - Bolivar State - this region has flat top mountains called "Tepuy" and here is the Angel Fall, the highest waterfall in the world with a height of around three thousand feet.
2. For connoisseurs of art, a preferable place to visit is the Museo de Arte Contemporaneo in Caracas. The museum houses one of the finest collections of modern art in South America, this world-class museum has high quality works by Picasso, Matisse, Joan Miro and other modern masters.
3. The highest point in Venezuela is the "Pico Bolivar", with an altitude of 5002 meters above the sea level. For the travelers who prefer comfort to long hikes, there is good news, you can get rather close to the peak by a cable car.
4. One of the oldest parks is Parque Los Caobos in Caracas, where you have the opportunity to see 100-year-old trees. This park is also a perfect place for jogging, walking and relaxing in general. In addition, it lodges a century-old fountain, decorated with bronze sculptures.
5. For adventurers, a good trip to make is to the Coro Dunes (Medanos de Coro). Next to the highway from Coro to Punto Fijo, you can slide from the top of these sand hills.
The list of places worth of visiting during your Venezuela vacation can hardly be exhausted. Nevertheless, it is reasonable to plan your trip according to the available time and, surely, interests. Each place has its character, story and life. Together they make a mosaic, like picture of Venezuela; each part of it is excellent and deserves time and attention. Think ahead, and make your Venezuela vacation a dream come true!