You are going to spend your summer vacations on the beach, but you think that your body is not so perfect that you may show it without shame. These easy stay-slim tips will help you get rid of the weight you gained during winter time.
- Eating small meals or snacks every three or four h helps prevent pig-out-triggering dips in blood sugar. It is really so. Spreading your normal caloric intake out evenly throughout the day, can keep you lean by minimizing the amount of food that is converted into fat.
- Sleep on your summer jeans - the ones that snugly hug your sleek warm weather form - once a week to gauge how they are fitting. Monitoring your body is a great way to help you stay motivated. When you catch weight gain minimal modifications to your diet and daily exercises will get you back on track in a flash.
- Fiber-rich food such as bran cereals, grainy breads, broccoli, berries, and lentils work in two ways. They fill you up and help whisk food through your digestive tract that prevents your body from absorbing some of the calories consumed. To reap these benefits, up your fiber intake from 13 grams to 20 to 35 grams (the recommended daily intake) and you could deduct about 90 calories per day - that is five pounds of fat over six months.
- Seal $ 300 in an envelope and reward yourself with a guilt-free shopping spree if you have managed to maintain your summer body until Thanksgiving Day. Or make a stay-fit wager with a friend. Record how far you can run or walk plus how many push-ups or sit-ups you can do in one minute. Six weeks later, retest you. Whoever is fittest gets treated to dinner.
- Tacking on five more minutes of workout time per day can make a big difference. Do it and you could lose four pounds of flab in six month if your eating habits remain steady. This bonus burst is especially helpful in chilly months since outdoor activities tend to be less intense than outdoor counterparts.
- Do not get stuck in a workout rut. In as little as four to six weeks, your body gets used to your standard workout, which means the same routine will not continue to build muscles over time. As soon as your body begins to memorize a workout, it finds ways to do the task with less effort. Vary your activities, pace , and duration and you will continue to stimulate and confuse your muscles and rev up metabolism.
- Nibble on nuts. Nutrient-packed nuts satisfy hunger better than such low-fat snacks as frozen yogurt and pretzels. An ounce, about a small fistful or the amount in a little airline bag, should be enough to quiet a rumbling tummy and prevent a predinner binge.
- Kill your appetite with an apple. Apples are packed with pectin, an appetite suppressing soluble fiber. Pectin slows down the digestive process, which makes you feel full longer.
- Fire up your metabolism. Capsaicin, a compound found in hot pepper, may ward off extra inches by turbo charging your metabolism. Spicy foods increase your body temperature, which in turn speeds up your metabolic rate.
- Chew sugarless gum. Chewing sugar-free gum can boost your metabolism. Decrease the daily amount of sugar. No candies. Try to drink tea and coffee with one spoon of sugar if you usually drink it with two spoons.
- Sniff before snack. Sniffing strong scents and flavors such as mint, lemon, or lavender may help curb your appetite. Scent and flavor play big roles in satisfaction , so you need to be keenly aware of what smells and tastes it takesto satisfy you, than figure out how to get them without consuming a ton of calories. E.g. if you are jonesing for a chocolate, skip the soufflé and opt for sorbet instead.
We wish you good luck in a fight with your weight. Be tolerant. Do not break the rules you have established for yourself. Do not forget to award yourself.