Quebec city - capital of the largest and most beautiful same province within the limits of which could be placed France, Spain and the Great Britain together taken. The city is based in 1608 on coast of the river St. Lavrentiy, in that place where the river channel passes in a gulf St. Lavrentiy. The name Quebec precisely transfers this feature: in an American Indian way it means " a place where waters " are narrowed. Quebec is divided into the Top city located on a rock, and Bottom, adjoining to river coast. Both parts of city are connected by a cable car. Quebec city - heart of Canada, 95 % from its 650-thousand population - ex-Canadians. The city till now keeps charm of the European olden time. Here the city fortification and a significant part of building of the late Middle Ages - Latin quarter was kept. On narrow, extremely picturesque streets the Top city - set of ancient residential buildings, cathedrals. The building of National assembly erected in style of the French Renaissance, and the huge hotel " Shato - Frontenak " constructed in the form of the huge lock draw the attention. The bottom city after reconstruction of 80th years has turned to respectable and fashionable area of Quebec. Reconstruction has been lead by a holiday of the 450 anniversary of opening of the river St. Lavrentiy (" roads to Canada ") by Frenchman Jacque Cartier. The largest educational sailing vessels participated in a holiday from all world, including four-mast bark "Krusenstern" who has arrived from Russia. Tourist service in Quebec city not cheaply, especially for English-speaking tourists in Quebec travel. So if to address to a florist in English, the bouquet of fresh roses can cost 20 canadian dollars, if in French - that 10. During development Quebec city has turned to the important center with historically expressed by two parts. In more ancient Bottom city clamped between breakage and the river St. Lavrentiy, economic activities of Quebec concentrated. This area is surprisingly similar to the North-French prototypes - medieval cities of Loire. Here meet narrow, twisting óëî÷êè, built up by stone houses of 17-18 centuries adjoining closely to each other. Now the Bottom city is a respectable and fashionable area of Quebec. In the Top city constructed on a rock, the administrative and religious life of Quebec has been concentrated. Many constructions of 17 centuries, including Catholic cathedrals, monasteries of Jesuits and Franciscans, a citadel and parliament here have escaped. It is remarkable, that architectural features, characteristic for the usual apartment houses representing stone buildings with high roofs and monumental chimney pipes, - are inherent also administrative, public and cult (a monastery yrsyls, after 1639), and also to economic constructions. Now on narrow streets, usually filled by tourists, numerous shops, shops, restaurants and bars settle down. The ensemble Old Quebec city is represented by the rare sample of the strengthened North American city of the colonial period. Now inside of old walls of the Citadel some museums are located. About gate St. John, one of four in Forte, there is the Park of artillery including a redoubt and some constructions, erected still in times the French mode. From architectural monuments of city are most known church Notre Dame de Victuar (1688), an Anglican cathedral (1793) and, certainly, cathedral Notre Dame de Quebec (1650). The building of parliament (XIX century), the building of National assembly erected in style of the French Renaissance, and the huge hotel " Shato - Frontenak " constructed in the form of the huge lock draw attention. In city also there is the oldest in Northern America the lift connecting the Top and Bottom city, and the oldest area of Northern America - Royal on which some museums are located. Old quarters of Quebec in 1985 have been recognized by UNESCO a monument of a world heritage. If you will go in Quebec city vacation, behind city it is necessary to visit park " Chute-Montmorency " with its huge (above Niagara) a falls and park " Chutes de la Chaudiere " with its not less remarkable falls in height in 120 meters.