Established in 1951 by the organizers and delegates to the First Pacific Travel Conference, the Pacific Asia Travel Association has established itself as one of the leading organization for promoting the remarkable Pacific region in the international travel arena. In addition to offering leadership to the Pacific and Asian tourism engine, PATA also sees its mission in maintaining and preserving the habitats and eco-systems of the region. Thus, a number of eco successes are result of the organization's responsible and careful management to the resources of the region, with respect to increased travel to Asia and the Pacific.
Travel with PATA is a memorable experience, which allows you to explore a number of unique regions and people of the Pacific and Asia, experience exciting cultural diversity and wonderful attractions, and take advantage of some of the greatest holiday packages to the most popular destinations worldwide.
Much of the Association's strength is in its root system - the PATA chapters, which represent its vast geographical reach within and beyond PATA region, including America, Asia, the Pacific and Europe. Through intensified co-operation with PATA headquarters, these chapters facilitate the distribution of marketing, networking and educational opportunities. The Association's members sharing a common region or country, participate in the activities of their local chapter.
By bringing together more than 100 state and city tourism organizations and authorities, some 55 national and regional airlines and plenty of travel industry professionals, the Pacific Asia Travel Association continues to expand its growing membership base. For the 50th PATA Annual Conference held in 2001 the members reflected on achievements of the Association, notably significant contributions to the successful development of tourism and travel in both Asia and the Pacific.
The history of PATA is first and foremost the history of its dedicated members, staff, officers and board. Through its distinguished partnership between its members, PATA continues to promote growth, quality and value of tourism and travel to the most dynamic region in the world. The organization's goal is to assist its members in developing and increasing business opportunities through an extensive list of products and services, like networking, communications, market intelligence and industry-wide recognition.
New benefits for the Association's members include:
- Discounts on registration fees worth $2,000,
- Complimentary world class strategic market intelligence and total savings of over $2,500
- Access to a wide range of complimentary services and opportunities to meet with decision-makers in both private and public sectors of the tourism and travel industry at PATA events;
- Promote their services and products in the organization's newsletters distributed to nearly 11,000 tourism professionals all over the world;
- Keep up with the latest industry news through Association's newsletters, magazines and web sites;
- Enjoy industry-wide recognition for their products and services through the PATA Gold Awards that are respected honors; recognizing innovation and excellence.