Trading your timeshare for comparable timeshares is a wonderful way to travel and see the world! Just because you own a timeshare, doesn't mean that you have to keep going to the same place over and over again. In fact, one of the greatest timeshare benefits for owners is that you can trade your vacation time for stays at other resorts throughout the world! 80% of timeshare purchasers buy with this intention! Whether you're a long-term planner or a last moment procrastinator, trading your timeshare for other comparable timeshares is a wonderful way to travel and see the world!
The concept of timeshare exchanges is easily summed up as "like for like". Basically, the type of timeshare you own will determine the type of timeshare you'll receive. So, when you make your exchange request, keep in mind what type of a timeshare you own, as you're likely to get the same number of bedrooms, the same season and similar amenities as what your home resort offers.
Ownership is often offered by timeshare benefits. These are special privileges accompanying ownership via a specific resort, such as Day Use of the facilities, Bonus Time, discounts on fee services, advance and/or discounted tee times for golf, reduced rate exchange services, Split Week usage, etc. Additional timeshare benefits include: some bonus nights per year, internal exchange options, rental program, upgrade options and discounted lodging for friends and relatives.
Timesharing is a concept whereby you can prepay your future vacations as a result of purchasing an interest in real estate in a certain location. It allows you a form of ownership just for the time you need as opposed to having to purchase a full vacation home or spending dollars in a hotel (renting). For about the same money as it would cost to "rent" a few vacations in a nice hotel, accommodations can be owned in a deeded vacation timeshare condo that exchanges to resorts virtually anywhere in the world.
There are some key benefits of purchasing a timeshare like:
1) There are nearly 4.5 million timeshare owners worldwide. Timesharing has been the fastest growing segment of the travel industry for the past 7 years.
2) The largest companies in the resort industry (Marriott, Disney, Hyatt, Four Seasons, Hilton and Starwood) are now selling timeshare vacation ownership.
3) Strong consumer legislation now governs the timeshare industry in many countries.
4) As opposed to being a hotel room renter, enjoy the status and fine treatment as a condo owner. Condos are spacious, have kitchens and private bedrooms. You can sleep up to 10 persons, which provides a perfect family setting.
5) You can save $100 per day because condos have kitchens. A family can easily save $100 a day by not dining in expensive restaurants for every meal.
6) Owners can sell their timeshare whenever they want. Hotels obviously give NONE of your rent money back.
7) Deeded timeshare owners can will their timeshare to their loved ones.
8) One of the most timeshare benefits you can give is that of a week at a luxurious resort.