In order to make your honeymoon romantic, you do not need to be very inventive indeed. First, determine what romanticism means for both of you, and then go into a more detailed planning. Perhaps, only lying in the sun on a white sandy beach in the shadow of tall palm trees with your spouse next to you is romanticism itself; or you feel most romantic, when you explore something unknown and unfamiliar to you. Tastes differ, and each particular decision is worth respecting. Nevertheless, consider the following tips for making your honeymoon romantic and extra special.
1) Exploration makes any honeymoon romantic. Go to some places you have always dreamt of seeing. Go where your dreams lead you, no matter whether it is expensive or not. You have the only honeymoon in your life; hence, it is worth the expenses. Our nature created so many places to make your honeymoon romantic, and, probably, you have never realized that there is a location nearby, deserving your special attention. Learn more about the places and what awaits you there.
2) Take a lap of luxury. Choose a hotel from the top of the best lists, where a friendly and attentive staff will serve you breakfast in bed. Visit romantic parties, specially organized for newlyweds.
3) Go to a cruise, if only you are not seasick. Recollect those stories of love, connected with cruises and ships. The ocean, giant and serene, will take you away from the civilization into its sea valleys and make you realize to a full extent all the magnificence and power of nature.
4) Take a childfree vacation or go to the resort, where only adults are admitted. Robert Benchley said it best: "In America, there are two classes of travel: first class and with children." Go first class.
5) Do not go too far; therefore, you will spend less time on traveling and more time on enjoying your vacations. Do it if your honeymoon period is limited and includes only three or four days. Nonetheless, if you are planning a week or more, you can well choose some distant islands for your honeymoon. Consider all the locations, offering romantic honeymoons, beginning with the closest to your place of living.
6) Be extravagant. For instance, spend some time on a nude beach (there is an abundance of nude beaches from California to St. Martin in the Caribbean to Cap d'Agde in France) or go to a small cozy island.
Some couples even prefer to organize their wedding on an island, only the two of them and the priest, without guests, gifts and grandiose celebrations. This option is good; moreover, you can organize a banquet for your relatives and friends prior to your leaving for the island, and then enjoy the company of each other without any interference.
Finally, determine your priorities, whether you like some extravagant vacations or prefer romanticism that is more traditional. Perhaps, you want to experience something untraditional; but in fact, you have never liked extravagance. Honeymoon is not the occasion for experimenting, you should plan it in the way both of you will like it. In addition, it is worth noting that whether an island intimate honeymoon or a honeymoon in the buss of some big cultural center like Las Vegas, your honeymoon will be romantic if you add romanticism to it. Even a picnic in the countryside is romantic if you are creative about its planning and organization.