Pakistan displays some of Asia's most magnificent landscapes as it stretches from the Arabian Sea, its southern border, to some of the world's most spectacular mountain ranges in the north. Pakistanis also home to sites that date back to word's earliest settlements rivaling those of ancient Egypt and Mesopotamia.
And there are many travelers who like to visit this country. Preparing such tour travelers should visit the Embassy of Pakistan and obtain visas. Various kinds of visas that the Embassy of Pakistan offers for all countries and related information are given in the following paragraphs.
1. Tourist visa - Visa is provided for a maximum period of three months. The applicant may be physically required in the Consular Wing of the Embassy for an interview.
2. Visit Visa - In addition to the requirements stated above in 1, visitors require an invitation from Ministry of Interior, Islamabad.
3. Business Visa - Three visa application forms along with four photographs along-with a recommendatory letter from the sending company and an invitation letter from the concerned Pakistani company are required.
4. Student Visa - Student visas can be obtained on furnishing proof of admission to recognized universities/institutions in Pakistan for the duration of the course of study. Three visa application forms with four photographs and the admission letter from the concerned institute/school/college are to be submitted.
5. Transit Visa - Transit visas are required to be obtained before departure, as Transit visas for brief halts in Pakistan (up-to 72 hours) en-route to other destinations, cannot be obtained from Immigration counters at the airports.
6. Other Visas - Applicants seeking visas for Research, attending International Conference and seminars held in Pakistan, film shooting, to visit spouses/near relatives of persons working/employed in Pakistan, etc., are required to submit relevant documents along with their visa applications.
Immigration Check posts have been authorized to issue 30 days landing permit to the tourists entering Pakistan without visa except nationals of the countries borne on negative list: Algeria, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Iraq, Israel, Libya, Nigeria, P.L.O., Somalia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Serbia, Tanzania, Uganda, Yemen, Foreigners of Indian origin.
Under the present instructions, the Regional Passport Offices are authorized to allow initial three months entry visa to the tourists and to allow one extension up to three months. Authorized Regional Passport Offices have been authorized to grant entry visa to the tourists (except the nationals of the countries borne on negative list) entering Pakistan on landing permit for a period of three months from the date of entry into Pakistan, charging visa fee fixed on reciprocal basis.
The Regional Passport Offices have further been authorized to allow on application, not more than two re-entries to the tourists.
The Pakistan Missions abroad have been authorized to issue tourist visa for a maximum period of three months liberally to all foreign nationals except to the Indian nationals and the foreigners of Indian origin.
All foreign nationals, including tourists have been exempted from police registration, except the nationals from negative list.
Each visa application is considered on its merits and the Embassy may ask for additional information during processing of the application. The fact that an application has been made does not guarantee that a visa will be issued. The Embassy reserves the right to refuse any application.