1. Remember that a healthy self-esteem and a sense of integrity will keep you away from many dating problems. Both men and women want to date people who can take care of themselves.
2. Respect yourself. Remember that it is healthier for you to be alone, than to be with someone who doesn't treat you well.
3. Ladies, you are not Cinderella, and guys, you are not Prince Charming. Accept yourselves and others the way they are, with all the flaws.
4. Never depreciate the value of real love. Don't yield to the temptation of getting cynical after a hard breakup. Keep your heart open by not letting the heartache of dating discourage you.
5. Understand that love can be a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you believe that you are bound to meet someone special, you more than likely will. If, on the other hand, you are sure that you will have to suffer from loneliness all your life, don't be surprised if you will.
6. Reveal your sexy side. Be flirty. Life is a game. Let go of your serious side and enjoy playing.
7. Keep in mind that being single is just a phase of life. You will find a partner one day. Savor every moment of your freedom. Enjoy having fewer responsibilities than your married friends.
8. Reward yourself for the positive changes you are making in your love life. Treat yourself when you reach a goal.
9. Mingle with other singles. Have fun. Don't spend weekends in the company of your married friends or relatives.
10. Treat every contact with other singles as experience, even if it does not lead to dating or a relationship. This is a way to develop your social skills, to perfect the art of flirting, or find new friends.
11. Accept the fact that rejection is just a part of the dating game. Not everyone is going to fall in love with you, nor you are going to fall head over heels on every date. Learn to accept rejection and move on.
12. Many singles have met great dates in unusual ways. Ask all of the couples you know how they met each other. Gain some insight as to new ways to find someone special.