This reason is totally ungrounded. Eligible men are everywhere, and you can meet someone special while lining up at a bank, waiting for your flight at the airport, or having coffee during your lunch break. It's true that when you start seeing someone on a regular basis you will have to change your regular schedule, however women are usually good at multitasking. You can take your boyfriend roller-blading with your kids on Saturday morning, and grocery shopping and cooking together might be fun.
2. It will harm my reputation. Some women are very concerned about their reputation. They are afraid that if they start dating, people will consider them frivolous and will laugh at them. If this concern stops you from dating, don't share your plans with those you don't trust. Organize a support team from friends that will help you.
3. Good guys don't exist. We keep hearing every day that good guys have disappeared from planet Earth. You would be surprised to find out that most men are not that bad, they are just skilful in hiding their good qualities. Those who have some painful experience with the opposite sex tend to be cautious and suspicious. When they want to make a good impression they sometimes don't know how to do it right and fail. The signals that men and women send to each other remain misunderstood and it turns into a vicious circle. Try to sympathize with men and become more lenient.
And remember that Mr. Right is a product of your imagination. He does not exist, however there are many men who have both good and bad traits. But there is no man good enough to match your ideal. Don't disqualify men only because they don't seem romantic, focus on more important criteria from your list, like kindness, intelligence, readiness to have a family, etc.
4. I just can't do it. It's scary to start something new. You are bound to make mistakes, to face rejection and get discouraged at some point. The best way to overcome your fears is to ask for other women's support. Your girlfriends and even your mom will cheer you up and might give some good advice on how to handle depression and fears. Share your achievements with friends and let tem remind you of your victories when you feel upset. On the other hand, a failure can turn into a strong impulse to keep on fighting.
5. I don't know how to meet a man. There are no women who can't play the game of love. The ability to meet a man doesn't depend on your genetic or psychological traits. Some women have inborn charisma and have a talent of attracting people. If you don't have it, learn it. Read the tips in the next articles and take some small steps towards your goal every day.
6. Meeting men is hard work. Some women have been raised with belief that men have to take initiative. Such women spend their life patiently waiting for a prince to come riding on a white horse. If you are tired of the waiting game, you can start creating situations when men will want to approach you. Let men come into your life and see what happens.