The following six keys will help you to select an entertainer for your next event:
1. Focus on the topic/theme: purpose of your event.
2. What is your organizations goal: Entertain Motivate, Inform, or increase the attendance?
3. By example: Lawyer, attorney, barrister is what you may be looking for but as you know it may drill down to international law, federal law, state law or community law, family law, criminal law, you get the idea.
4. Recognizing that most organizations may have a budget constraint by requesting a national celebrity you should be prepared to maximize your war chest. Consider for your event a local celebrity if the group is not traveling from great distance helps you rescue your budget.
5. Consider that many professional speakers not only entertain but inform.
6. You may find after researching the right entertainer that it may take many hours. One way to save your time is to ask your fiends, acquaintances, or coworkers about the experience they had with entertainers. They will recommend you some entertainers. Besides, many entertainers have their Internet sites. They will help you to reduce your stress, keep within your organizations budget and finally make you a hero in finding just the right entertainer.
Now it is more or less clear with choosing entertainers for adult's events. But what aspects are worth special attention if you want to organize a party for kids, e.g. a Birthday party? What rules should you follow to chose an entertainer for a kid's party?
1. Do you get the feeling that he/she likes children? In order to be effective at this craft, he/she must enjoy kids and love entertaining them.
2. If you want to hire a magician, make certain the tricks are geared for the young. Some illusions are great with adults but not children. Card tricks may be to hard to grasp for some little ones, while goofy illusions would be perfect.
3. Ask for at least one reference. That way you can find out what someone else thought of this person, and it will give you some assurance that this particular entertainer is right for your event.
4. Before you decide to invest in someone, find out what the going rate is for that type of entertainer. You will then know if it is in your budget or not for your party. On the other hand, an entertainer who is good is well worth the price, since you will only do this once a year. Why not let your children enjoy a great performer at their birthday party, for example?
5. Make sure the entertainer will feature your child in some activities. This is their day, so insure it will UNFORGETTABLE for them.
6. Use your imagination when planning a celebration for your child. Create a tradition that YOU and YOUR FAMILY will always treasure and remember. Every family has something particular, its own secrets, that only family members know, that is beneath any professional and skillful entertainer. If you do not know how to make it as a part of celebration, tell about it to the entertainer , she/he will give you some hints and ideas.