1. The 2006 ford Taurus offers to engine choices; both of which are very smooth and do a great job of keeping up with the competition. Even though these two V6 engines are not as big or powerful as the competitors, they still do a great job in keeping pace. Both engines are 3.0 liters with one putting out 155 horsepower, while the other one is putting out 201 horsepower. Even though the horsepower numbers are lower than the competition, the 2006 ford Taurus gets what it can out of what it has. The bigger engine, and most common of the two, does 0-60 in approximately eight seconds. Not that much longer than competitors with 40 or so more horsepower.
2. Fuel economy in the 2006 ford Taurus, as well as the 2005 ford Taurus, is very class competitive. These cars are capable of getting up to 20 miles per gallon in the city, and up to 27 miles per gallon on the highway. These numbers come in at the top of the class. With today’s gas prices this is sure to give the 2006 ford Taurus sales rankings an increase.
3. Ride quality in the 2006 ford Taurus is very smooth. Even though some of the Japanese competitors claim that they have a better ride, and more quite interior, the 2006 ford Taurus can definitely hold its own. It offers a smooth ride that irons out potholes and bumps with ease.
4. Interior space is a great plus in the 2006 ford Taurus, as well as the 2005 ford Taurus. This car offers enough room for up to five passengers, and all of their luggage. A spacious trunk allows for all passengers to pack a bag. This is great for family vacations!
5. The overall value within its class is excellent. The 2006 ford Taurus is available in eight different trims, including sedan and station wagon. This is something that none of its competitors offer. Station wagons are thought to be a thing of the past; but not at ford.
If you are looking for a great car or station wagon be sure to check out the 2006 ford Taurus. You will surely find a trim level that suits your needs.
With the 2006 Ford Taurus seemingly only going to appeal to families some people will want to miss out on this. But when you see the facts you have to realize that there are more family cars out there then any other type of car. If you are a sports fanatic then you will buy a sports car. But if you have a family then you will buy a family car. The pace at which family cars are sold can sometimes be staggering. There are always family cars in showrooms and if you choose the right dealer you will also see a lot of sports cars as well.