One of the most popular procedures among cosmetic surgery operations is forehead lift procedure; the fact is easy to be explained by the presenting list of possible procedure effects. They are; improving of the appearance providing refreshed look without imaginary sadness, tiredness and angriness; reduction of eyelids heaviness, improving vision; gaining of natural eyebrow position, good durability always with positive effect; rather quick healing with guaranteed procedure strong effect even during the first week after the surgery with constant progression.
Anyway it is impossible to avoid all possible surgery risks and problems. As for forehead lift procedure the most widespread problems are scar problems. Unfortunately they are not the only hidden dangers. The list of possible problems caused by medical conditions includes the following items:
- tendency to broad scar forming is rare but still possible. The surgeon uses the method of wide scar tissue removing for overcoming the problem;
- possible injury of eyebrow controlling nerves on their both sides that can lead to the loss of raising abilities or forehead wrinkling. The problem solution may need an additional surgery;
- blood clotting problems are also actual;
- possible hair loss along scar edges (often repulse patients that have original problem of sparse hair);
- temporal loss of sensation at the area of operation performance can outgrow into permanent one (especially often event in the case of classical variant of forehead lift procedure);
- different kinds of possible infections (although very rare).
So it is obvious that the place of scar problems is central and very urgent in the case of forehead lift.
The usage of new endoscope device provides an effective forehead procedure reducing the scar problems as the cosmetic surgeon often can perform the operation making tiny one - inch incisions. Although the risk is still present as in the case of failed circumstances during the endoscopic forehead lift, the specialist can be back to the conventional (so-called) open procedure that results in excessive scars and unplanned long healing term. But the certain statistics shows that such scar problems and complications occur only in one percent of all endoscopic forehead lift operations.
After the classical procedure the surgeon prescribes some medicines to reduce possible numbness, temporal facial skin discomfort and headaches. Swelling (that can even cover cheeks and eyes) can be treated by head elevation during first three days after surgery. Itching can replace the numbness during the nerves healing. The complete recovery from these problems can happen even after six months. Few weeks back the normal hair growth. Endoscopic forehead lift procedure brings also numbness, light welling and incision discomfort. In this case incision pain is minimal but if it is necessary it can be easily eased by prescribed medicines.
But risks (such as scar problems) can be minimized in the case of close surgeon instructions following by the patient.