Today there exist a lot of different possible variants of one of the most popular nutrition system vegetarianism: lacto vegetarianism, ovo vegetarianism, ovo-lacto vegetarianism, veganism, semi-vegetarianism (part-vegetarianism), pesco (pollo) vegetarianism, raw food eating, macrobiotic vegetarianism, etc. One of the most wide-spread variants of the vegetarianism is part (or semi-) vegetarianism.
The part-vegetarian diets products list can even include fish, poultry and some animal meat products (fats, oils, etc.). In contrast to vegans who do not use animal products at all both in eating and consumer goods. They are against animal vandalism but do not exclude consumer goods based on animal products or tested on animals. Some critics (sometimes between vegetarians) are casting doubts on moral advantages of part-vegetarian diets. Can they be called vegetarian at all? Sure, vegan societies that follow the strictest variants of vegetarianism are shocked with part-vegetarian definition and part-vegetarian terminology.
The commonest reason that motivates and pushes to this certain way of vegetarianism part-vegetarian representatives is allergy.
The part (semi) vegetarianism can be divided into sub - categories:
- crusto-vegetarianism (the group of vegetarians that prefer sea products especially crustaceans);
- mollo-vegetarianism (also concentrate on sea food, especially mollusks);
- ento-vegetarianism (the stream that is common to many Asian countries, the main product of the diet is insects);
- pecso-vegetarianism (this variant followers are called pescatarians, from Latin word ?pesce? meaning ?fish?; the main product of this diet is fish);
- porco-vegetarianism (porco-vegetarians allow themselves to consume pork);
- repto-vegetarianism (reptiles are the best choice for this group of vegetarians).
In any case part-vegetarian diets the vegetarian consumes mostly vegetables, fruits, beans, seeds and other common plant products. Semi vegetarianism is a perfect rescue for those vegetarians that cannot become full vegans because of doctor's contra-indications.
The official structured level in the
The most important point in starting vegetarian nutrition is theoretical base and proper well-planned and balanced diet that is the task of professional vegetarian dietitian. Only in the case of direct strict following of all rules it is possible to gain all benefits and advantages of vegetarianism: allergy absence, significant health improvement, weight control, energy refreshment, the satisfaction of keeping religious and family traditions.