It's an interesting fact that the amount of hair a person will ever have on his or her head can be determined at person's birth. That is due to the fact that hair grows from person's scalp and the number of scalp's roots is always the same and can't be changed. Each hair grows to a definite length from the root dependent on the unique genetic makeup of a person; then the hair slows down and finally stops naturally. Sometimes, each hair will die and be shed. An average person loses about a hundred of hairs each day. The lost hair is then replaced by a new shaft.
It is possible to make the hair grow longer with a high-quality hair accessoires and a good care of every shaft: using soft shampoos, gentle brushing, giving yourself mild scalp massages on a regular basis, and limiting perms and coloring. You can boost the volume of separate hairs, and hence make your hair look fuller, with such hair accessoires as conditioners and protein shampoos that cover each of the shafts.
Your hair is largely made of water. In order to be supple and shiny, your hair requires to be sufficiently hydrated. The hair loses water from the too much processing, sun, and blow-drying. The oil from the scalp coats every shaft and plays a role of a barrier against the evaporation. Also, your hair requires an appropriate circulation of blood to stay strong, which may be increased through scalp massages and using different hair accessoires such as hair combs and hair brushes.
If you regularly wear your hair by pulling it back in ponytail or a French Twist, you should give your hair a rest for a while by letting it hang with no constraints. Those hair styles give your hair a great deal of pressure, particularly at the front hairline. Furthermore, try to give up using any uncovered elastic bands in the hair! Elastic can grab at the shafts and break them. Also, remember to treat your hair gently by using good-quality hair brushes and hair combs.
Further you will find some precious tips on how to choose such essential hair accessoires such as hair combs and hair brushes.
Choosing and using a hair brush:
- Good hair brushes are made of animal bristles with the naturally rounded tips. Any manufactured bristles such as nylon or any other have straight tips that can grab the shaft of the hair and force it to break.
- The bristles of the hair brush must be spaced in an even way, rooted in rubber, as well as attached to a strong handle. Rubber cuts down the static electricity that is accumulating whenever you brush.
- Wash the hair brush every time you wash the hair. It's a good solution to add a little of the shampoo with a several drops of ammonia in the warm water.
- Give yourself an intense brush massage not more often than once a week.
Choosing and using a hair comb:
- The teeth of a comb must be widely spaced. Don't use combs that have close, thin teeth.
- The hair comb should be strong and shouldn't bend when you are running it through the hair.
- Wash the hair comb every time you wash the hair. It's a good idea to add a little of the shampoo with a several drops of ammonia in the warm water.
- Use the hair comb after shampooing in place of a brush. Wet hair is weaker than a dry hair; hence you should treat it tenderly.