When in 1983 the wireless communication expansion began, TESS Inc. was ready to stand the competition. Nowadays, there are more than eighty five million subscribers in the world and every two seconds a new subscriber is being added.
There are more than twenty four million subscribers of the wireless services in the United States. Seventy one billion dollars has been invested in the infrastructure, eighty two thousand base station sites "delivering the message." Today, there is a splendid convergence of wireless, wireline, computing and Internet technologies, and networks. Due to this convergence, there is an opportunity for an access to voice, messaging, data, computing, Internet, video, location, and imaging information. Conventional telephony "wired" in-building systems and a "last mile" interconnect stand to be replaced by cost-effective wireless systems. Huge installed wireless systems, a large subscriber base and a new promise of anywhere, anytime communication continue to provide an accelerated growth and a tremendous opportunity for TESSCO.
TESSCO Technologies (TESS Inc.) has been the leading source for wireless products for over twenty years. It is the leading provider of products and solutions for wireless communications and it offers everything, necessary to build, operate, maintain and use wireless communications systems. Solutions of TESS Inc. include the entire wireless industry - voice, data, messaging, location, tracking and internet systems with over thirty four thousand products from four hundred manufacturers. In 2004, TESS Inc. received 3 GSA contracts to assist its state and local government customers.
These contracts are:
· Information Technology for such products, as Security Cameras and Security Products Wireless Broadband Products (microwave unlicensed), Antennas, Coaxial Cable, Connectors, Amplifiers, Tower/Site Support Components, Mobile Antennas and 2-Way Radio Products;
· A hardware Superstore that includes hand tools, power tools, installation supplies, etc;
· Test and Measurement for spectrum analyzers, mulitmeters, data network analyzers and the others.
TESS Inc. offers its services twenty four hours, seven days a week and gives a technical support at its state of the art distribution centres in Baltimore, MD and Reno, NV. The company also presents its online ordering system that makes it easy to do business with TESS Inc.
TESS Inc. is also famous for providing government technology. The company considers State and Local governments to be any entity that is run, managed or funded by a state or municipal government. These contain:
· Police, Fire and emergency services;
· DOT, Public works, highway administration, motor vehicle departments;
· Any state or county funded college, a university or secondary school system;
· Appropriate water and sanitation services;
· Any state or municipal government building;
· Port Authority;
TESSCO is always seeking to increase our offering to our government customers by adding products onto our various GSA schedules.