According to the official press release, dated on June 24, Samsung Telecommunications America, subdivision of Samsung Electronics, and Verizon Wireless, American wireless communication service provider, announced new model of mobile device, based on Microsoft Windows Mobile OS and featuring most of the state-of-the-art technologies, like Bluetooth, integrated keyboard and EV-DO connectivity.
The SCH-i730 model will be distributed via Verizon retail network, and is expected to appear on the shelves on July 7 at the price of 599, 99$ with the two-year customer agreement. At the time being, Verizon Wireless is the national operator of wireless communication with more than 45 million of customers.
Samsung SCH-i730 is the slider mobile device, based on the Intel High-Speed PXA 272 (520 MHz) processor. It offers its users perfect memory capabilities - 64 MB of RAM memory and has the additional expansion slot for SD cards, which may significantly increase the user's disk space available.
The representatives of the Samsung and Verizon underline the fact of supporting EV-DO (Evolution Data Optimized) technology by SCH-i730 model. In conjunction with Bluetooth support, this phone provides easy and fast access to the Internet via Verizon's Broadband Access. Besides, the smart-phone can exchange the data with any external devices with the Bluetooth support.
The i730 slider has integrated QWERTY keyboard for convenient work with text messages or e-mails; it is also very helpful while working with Pocket Word software. Large touch-sensitive LCD display provides resolution up to the 240 x 320 pixel with 65,000 of colors available. The users will especially evaluate this display while working in the Internet or with Power Point and Outlook applications.
Being controlled by Microsoft Windows Mobile operating system, Samsung SHC-i730 has multiple software applications pre-installed. MS Word, Excel, Messenger, Media Player 10, Pictures and Active Sync are available in this device.
Among the other interesting features of SHC-i730 are:
- built-in Wi-Fi protocol support, which allows accessing the Internet from any place with the Wi-Fi hot spot;
- SRS WOW audio technology and built-in speakers, ensuring quality playback of music files with the help of integrated MP3 player;
- Advanced voice recognition allows users to dial phone number and open applications with the voice itself without touching the phone;
- Compact design - the device's dimensions are only 5.2 x 2.8 x 0.6 inches, weight - 5.5 ounces;
- Call Management - Caller ID, voice mail, call forwarding, call waiting and call logs help consumers always know who's on the line;
- Speakerphone mode and removable battery add more freedom while using the SHC-i730 smart-phone.
Basically, SHC-i730 is another new product from Samsung, combining the phone capabilities with the familiar and world-known Windows Interface, which will surely gain the popularity among customers of Verizon Wireless in the North America.