fluconazole is available as a single-dose tablet and capsule. Side effects which may be caused by fluconazole include: Abdominal pain, Headache, Diarrhea, Nausea, Heartburn.
It is advisable that women using this drug should take care while starting it because there are certain side effects of these diseases such as:
1. Change in the color of urine
2. Indigestion or irregular bowel movements
3. Severe allergic reaction or rashes
4. Uncommon bleeding
5. Yellowing of eyes
6. Swelling of lips, tongue or face
Other side effects include minor effects such as headache, dizziness, fatigue, diarrhea, loss of apetite or itching sensation. Most of the medication is absorbed into the bloodstream, so it may interact with other medication. Here are following medication, yeast infection pills may interfere with them. Birth control pills, Medications to treat diabetes (e.g. glyburide), Sedatives (e.g. benzodiazepines), warfarin, Diuretics (e.g. hydrochlorothiazides).
Make sure that if you are using any of these medications, before you start with your yeast infection treatment consult your doctor or pharmacist for guidance and be sure that they are aware of all the medication you are currently using.
1. Women who take Diflucan should avoid it if they are taking cisapride that is being used for treating acid reflux diseases as it could lead to heart problems and other fatal conditions.
2. Pregnant women also need to take this drug after consulting their physician because the safety and effctiveness of the pill is not determined for pregnant or nursing women.
3. Avoid the intake of alcohol alongwith the use fo this drug because it might damage the liver as such.
4. Women having decreased kidney functions, liver disorders or allergic reactions towars antifungal medicines should also consider the physician before the usage.
5. Keep the medicine tightly closed and out of the reach of small children under 30 degrees C of room temperature.
Always remember that it is very important that your medical practitioner should know about your illness history or what you are taking because some prescription medications do not interact well with other drugs. In fact, some drug interactions can be very dangerous in this case.
For more information on Diflucan, log on to http://www.benzer11.com/diflucan.html