Outdoor advertisers and advertising agencies of America, the same as those around the world, have to deal with various difficulties of this particular advertising industry. The hardest ones of them are legislative and regulatory, placement and design challenges. The OAAA was created in the end of the nineteenth century to help outdoor advertisers and other outdoor advertising market parties to cope with those challenges and to protect industry interests. The OAAA stands for the Outdoor Advertising Association of America. Presently, the OAAA outdoor includes more than one thousand and one hundred member companies and represents over ninety percent of all the outdoor advertising market revenues of America.
The outdoor advertisers' main goal is to surround their target customer audiences with their brand and advertising messages and to penetrate deeper into their target market segments. With the present outdoor market condition together with local, state and federal codes of regulation, concerning all forms of the outdoor advertising, the OAAA outdoor provides a significant help to its members. The OAAA offers five categories of membership for different outdoor advertising market parties. The objective of the OAAA outdoor is to work with both the US and International outdoor advertisers, agencies, suppliers, attorneys and investors to educate them and increase their understanding of the outdoor advertising industry. The OAAA outdoor operates in the following strategic areas:
· Government Affairs. The OAAA represents and protects the interests of outdoor advertisers on the Capitol Hill, in the Department of Transportation and in various regulatory agencies. The OAAA staff works with the OAAA outdoor members, providing them with training and information on legislative and regulatory issues, concerning the outdoor advertising.
· Marketing. The OAAA gives its members valuable information on sales; conducts training marketing seminars and offers them an access to its mailing lists. It also carries out a range of marketing researches.
· Communications. It supplies its members with the latest updates on local, state and federal regulatory innovations and presents its members with weekly newsletters and an access to its publication library of brochures, videos, researches and surveys.
· Membership. The OAAA guarantees several categories of membership and unifies the outdoor advertising industry parties. It conducts conferences, seminars and conventions, as well as marketing training programs.
· Operations. The OAAA outdoor is focused on enhancing its members' advertising product quality and improvement of safety. The OAAA raises high standards for the outdoor advertising industry, carries out surveys and supports the implementation of new technologies in the industry.
In addition to the all above listed strategic activities, the OAAA outdoor continually makes available the free advertising space for charitable and non-profit organizations that cannot afford paid outdoor advertising campaigns.