Microsoft FrontPage 2003 is a recommended way for your web-site evolution:
FrontPage appears to be recommended by Microsoft as a visual mean for the web-site development and control. The main advantage of the Microsoft FrontPage is that this instrument allows to create both: simple single web-documents and sufficiently difficult Web-systems. At the same time it does not require the knowledge of the Web-technologies from the user. The whole process is held in a visual mode of operation with the use of a graphic menu, instruments, a dialog menu, masters, themes and templates. FrontPage is equally good for a domestic and corporate (office) user and widely used in the hosting for front page.1
Flexible functional possibilities of the Microsoft FrontPage 2003 permit to create perfect web-nodes. The FrontPage 2003 includes means for professional projecting, development; work with data and publication that are necessary for the creation of dynamic and difficult web-nodes. The FrontPage 2003 gives a possibility to improve the process of web-development in the following key areas:
· Projecting. Perfected means of the projecting allow to make a better drawing up of the web-nodes. New instruments of marking and graphics work simplify the process of the web-node creation that completely corresponds with the basic idea of the user;
· Code writing. The tools of projecting permit to improve the quality of a created code and to perfect the skills in the area of programming. Built-in means for the script development will provide with an interactive support in the produced products. Due to the professional instruments of the code writing, it became possible to work promptly, effectively and precisely;
· Expansion of opportunities. It is possible to organize the communication and to exchange information in a new way, creating the web-nodes with wide interactive abilities in editing (which work according to the principle: "what you see on your monitor is what you will get in printing"). Improved functional possibilities of publishing will speed up the allocation of your
Web pages in the Internet. 2
Microsoft FrontPage is not just an environment for the site layout. It includes a wide range of instruments for:
· Making up reports by usable elements and means for supervision after the hyperlink condition;
· Instruments for the import of documents in various formats and entire web-nodes;
· Visual navigation schemes, which represent to be a graph of a site;
· Task Manager that allows to plan a project as a sequence of actions and implementing it in the teamwork with other users.
In addition, you can use visiting counters, banners, registration forms and other wonderful opportunities, if you connect the server widinings (even if you do not have any idea about server technology) to control the web-server contents along the http or ftp protocols.
The Microsoft FrontPage is one of the most powerful and handy HTML-editors and it is very comprehensible for a beginner. The main advantage of the product is that it has the standard for Microsoft programs interface with a standard order of control elements. Thus, if a user is acquainted with the basic principles of, for instance, Microsoft Word, he will not have to study from the very beginning.
It should be mentioned that the program has a serious disadvantage: it has a unique ability to generate a great deal of the so-called parasitic code (a number of needless HTML-tags, which do not have any logical necessity but take the place in the listing of the document).3
In spite of all the disadvantages, the program is completely functional and efficient, now, you should think about the appropriate hosting for the front page.