The consistency of the mobile outdoor advertising (including bus, taxi and train advertising) is the main advantage of this type of marketing. Advertisers also benefit from the broadness of the audience their message reaches.
People cannot avoid this type of advertising. This is another tick to the list of the bus advertising advantages. They can switch the TV-channel when you advertise there; they can send your printed advertising copy to their trash bin. They cannot avoid the bus they ride and your advertising on it. It is the part of the environment they live in, the part of their everyday life. What could be more familiar to a person?
Bus advertising is good both as a standalone advertising fixture and as a part of your global marketing campaign.
You should be aware of some important hints to boost your bus advertising campaign and avoid the most popular mistakes.
1) The bus and your audience are constantly in motion. Therfore, you have only several seconds to bring the idea to the customer. Make your slogan and advertising message as brief and clear as possible.
2) Remember that bus advertising is not a one-day event. You need to plan carefully what to advertise and avoid marketing your three-days-long super sales. Bus advertising is very good to market your brand. You can turn the bus into a gigantic copy of your popular product pack and so on.
3) Bus advertising limits the size of your text message, so you should take everything you can out of your advertising message - to the last drop. Use bold letters, bright colors, make people notice and remember what you want them to.
4) Mind that people of different ages and social status will observe your advertising . That is why your advertising should be appropriate for all audiences. Avoid aggressive messages as well as over-sexuality and naked bodies in your ad. If someone starts the "anti-this-absolutely-inappropriate-ad" campaign, your business will certainly not benefit.
5) Plan the routing of your advertising. Yes, you should carefully study all the bus routes in your town and choose those, which drive through the areas settled with your target audience. If you already run any campaigns in certain neighborhoods, it is absolutely necessary to choose the routes that lie through them.
The success of bus advertising is based on the repeated hit of the audience. If people see the same advertising every day in different media venues, the advertising message reach them to the last word and becomes somewhat familiar. In addition, people love things they know and are used to.
Be creative. Be smart. Be on the bus. You will bright up the dull everyday picture of the same-looking buses driving here and there. And that brightness will give your business a few rays of success.