Basic concepts of the web hosting or hidden dangers for inexperienced users:
Every time you enter the Internet, you can see a wide range of various interesting and not very interesting web pages, where you can find much useful and necessary information about politics, business, art, music, computing, science, health, etc. In most cases, the creation and the application of web pages is a separate type of business. It is not thoroughly regulated by the government yet, therefore, such business activity is profitable enough.
It is widely known that the WEB is a virtual network, supported with the help of million servers (back-end computers) and these computers have a permanent connection with the Internet. The servers work as a huge data base or a depository, where a great deal of information is hidden. To create any web page, you will need a certain amount of space on the hard disk of the server.
Hosting - is an activity of a certain firm (hoster, provider), which gives to your web page a space on its server's hard disk and a place in the Internet.
There are several kinds of hosting:
· Elementary hosting is useful when you need a home page (2-50 Mb), where you can place your photos, diary etc.
· Usual hosting may be helpful for photos, a diary + forum, a chat, a guest book, etc.
· Major hosting is functional for a considerable amount of visitors. You will need an extended space for your web site, script, database, dynamic generation of html-pages etc.
If your site is very popular (1000 visitors per a day), you will have to think about the creation of your own Internet server (a special computer and software). Then, you will have to rent a place for your server to be hosted (5-300$ per month).
To achieve your goals, you may use two types of the hosting: paid and free hosting.
In the modern world, where "a cheese for free can be only in a mouse trap", the free hosting seems to be something unusual and dangerous, however, it is not.
The free hosting was created on the basis of the users' behavior analysis. When you decide to create a personal web-page, you may do it for free, however, after it, you would like to have additional services (5-30$per each item) provided on your web-page. In this case, you should consider to start your own virtual business and you will pay for a web-site place with a full range of services (300$ rent).
The free hosting has considerable disadvantages in comparison with the paid hosting:
· If a hoster gives a place on his server for free, there will be too many applicants and too many pages. Therefore, it will be very difficult to visit your page.
· As your hoster gives you an opportunity to hang on his web page for free, be ready that your page design will be spoilt, since the owner will exploit it as a free bulletin board.
After all, the free hosting is very unreliable; and it will be more convenient, faster and safer for you to pay for your web site than to strain your nerves for nothing.