What are the strong points of the newest Tecra A5?
1. Its weight. It weighs less than five pounds and is 1.2-inches thin; still it has a full range of the necessary business features.
2. Its screen. The high-bright 14-inch diagonal widescreen display allows the users to view twenty five percent more content on a sharper screen and to deal with multiple documents, spreadsheets and browser windows on the screen simultaneously.
3. Its connectivity. In order to advance, either wired or wireless connectivity, Toshiba provided the Tecra A5 with the Toshiba ConfigFree, consisting of a Wireless Radar, Connectivity Doctor, Profile Setting and ConfigFree Summit that help the users to switch quickly between the network configurations, connect with the users nearby and easily share documents by means of dragging the needed file to the center. Furthermore, the company developed a Diversity Antenna design to facilitate the process of the wireless signal reception and enhance the wireless access and functionality.
4. Its optimization. The Toshiba Power Saver makes it possible for every person to set their own optimum performance and battery life of the notebook. With the Toshiba Presentation Button you can now connect the notebook to a digital projector, simply pressing the button. The Toshiba Assist Button has also been designed for the idea of managing EasyGuard software utilities from a single window to come true.
5. Its user-friendliness. The Toshiba Touch and Launch application simplifies the process of launching the most frequently used programs.
6. Its configuration. There are two featured configurations - the Tecra A5-S116 and the A5-S416, however, the build-to-order configurations are also possible.
7. Its support. The Tecra A5 has a standard one-year limited warranty, which can be extended up to four years.
8. Its information service. The "Ask Iris Online", provided by Toshiba, is an instant response information service, regarding their product.
9. Its accessories. A primary high-capacity 12-Cell Li-Ion Battery Pack, the Advanced Port Replicator III, an Executive Slimline Case, a USB Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR Capable Adapter, as well as a USB Ultra-Mini retractable scroll mouse are designed specifically for the Tecra A5 notebook.
10. Its price. The Tecra A5 notebook series will start at one thousand dollars - too little for the Toshiba's newest high-performance business notebook with the 14-inch diagonal widescreen display and docking capabilities.
"Since bringing to the market our first consumer widescreen notebook, we have fielded an overwhelming amount of interest from our SMB and SOHO customers about the widescreen notebooks," said Taro Hiyama, the vice president of the marketing, Digital Products Division, Toshiba America Information Systems. "The Tecra A5 offers professionals a reliable, well-designed notebook, packaged in a unique form factor with an attractive price point."