1) Ask about adoption at your local adoption center and ask about adoption. If it is something you want to do then you defiantly need to be informed about it.
2) The next step would be the information meeting. These meeting are designed to help you with your questions. There will be actual adoptive parents to answer your really hard questions. It is usually held at a persons house, not at a official building. To make it more personal, I think.
3) The next procedure of closed adoption is the first visit. The social worker will arrange the first visit between you and the child so you may meet them and get to know a little bit about them. You also discuss what is going to happen with the social worker and talk more about if you are ready for a child. This can be a very important part. It is when the social worker first really gets an impression of you. So, try to make it good.
4) Background checks are next. You will be asked to attend classes if you decide to adopt and you will have your health checked and you will have a background check of your criminal record.
5) The application form and assessment. This is one of the most important steps! The case worker gives you a form to fill out after your background check. They ask you if you really want to adopt. They take you through many different scenarios, and then you finish the application form.
6) Home study then another form. A social worker comes over and looks at your home to see if you have enough room for a child and the proper requirements. Then you both fill out a form called form F. You are aloud to see most of what is in there until ten days before the courts are permitted to look at it.
7) Adoption Panel. You are show a child and if it is the one that you want to adopt you have ten business days to decide. They see if you are up to the task and able to take care of a child.
8) Matching a child. The social worker finds a child that you can adopt.
9) Placement. Once the child has been chosen you will receive all of their information. If you decide that this is the child that you want to adopt you are allowed ten business days before you go and see the panel. You are allowed longer visits and to take the child out for short periods of time during this time.
10) The final procedure of closed adoption is the adoption order. Once the child has hand an opportunity to live with you, usually for ten days. Paper are drawn and filled out. After all this is over the child is legally yours. Their birth certificate is replaced with an adoption certificate. The final thing, piece of paper, that declares that you are finally a family and nothing can change that now. That is the full procedure of closed adoption. They may be time consuming, but don’t you think that it is worth it all. Having a child in your home, happy, is really all an aspiring parent could want. So start the process as soon as you possibly can! You can change the life of someone, and all it takes is just a phone call to start the process.