Today many websites, especially those catering to dating issues, allow rating photo pictures of other members, also allowing others to rate pic pieces that you post. Rating photo feature is very important for the success of any dating website. That is why many of those allow rating photo pictures and posting comments. However, rating photo feature sometimes may cause additional problems connected with cheating and malicious activity. Let us have a brief review on them.
- People browsing dating sites are different. Enough of those are maliciously intended and may wish to insult others by rating photo pieces of those with low points or posting bad comments. Dating websites administrations try to combat such malicious activity, however not always successfully.
- Rating photo feature also allows cheating. If user profiles are rated basing on the overall photo rating, some may cheat, artificially increasing the rating. IP blocking is not always effective, as cheaters may use proxy-servers and cookie-control also lacks efficiency.
There are also several rules one is advised to follow, if he wants his rating photo experience be comfortable and fun. Below are some of them.
- Be just. Avoid asking people to vote for you and put an excellent mark. Phrases like "Rate my picture excellent, please!" should hardly appear in your profile. Users usually don't like such offers and react accordingly - often putting the worst mark available. Let people decide themselves and don't initiate annoyance.
- Be just. Never rate other photos bad just because you don't like the person in particular or want to decrease their rating in order to make your own hit the top. Websites administration usually tracks such activities and ban users who are involved.
- Be just. Never offend other users and don't try to accuse the administration or your counterparts in cheating. Remember, you are he guest and the administration is the host so respect them and don't let your emotions boil the situation hot.
Rating photo is a very easy process. Usually it happens as following - you open someone's profile, see their photos and a little bar, which allows you to choose the mark you wish - from "bad" to "excellent" - there are usually five stages to choose between. Rating system may differ from website to website, but in general they are all similar.
An opportunity to post photos for others to vote is nowadays extremely popular with various people all over the world. For those who use dating websites to seek relationships and love, this feature is of double importance, as they may show their attitude to the appearance of a potential mate or maybe experience the results of such activity on their profiles.
If you are a frequent visitor of the dating websites or just want your photos to be rated and commented, the rating photo feature is the one you'll definitely like. However, it would be not wise to trust the ratings you receive. As we have already mentioned, people often give rates based on many other aspects different from the emotions on photos.