Nod32 is one of those "mostly behind the curtains" antivirus applications, which are powerful enough to compete the market leaders, but at the same time are somewhat "modest" and don't actively try to take over the rivals (or don't have enough resources for that). Read along to know more about the anti virus Nod32.
Nod32 has two main versions: the Administrator version and the Standard version. The Administrator version is enchanted with some additional functionalities and is to be used in the LAN environment. This version supports the function of the update Nod32 files distribution between the computers in the network. One should buy a Multiuser/Corporate license to use the Administrator version.
The central module of management in Nod32 is the Nod32 Control Center. This module gives access to all features available and enables the user to tweak all the tools and settings. All installed system components are categorized in a special tree style system into four sections. Each of these sections can be expanded into another tree style directory. The most important and vital settings may be protected with the password if desired.
The main features include the centralized access and management of the antivirus filters and modules, the automatic update module and the centralized log file system. This log system may provide you with the most detailed information on the Nod32 antivirus activity in combating malicious software on your computer.
Nod32 antivirus includes such important tools as:
- The resident monitor functioning on the "on-access" basis (AMON)
- The "on-demand" functioning scanner (NOD32)
- E-mail scanner (scanning the POP3 incoming email) - Internet monitor (IMON)
- E-mail scanner (scanning the MAPI incoming email) - complementary scanning module (EMON)
The automatic update module is noticeable for:
- Frequent virus lists and definitions and executable components updates.
- Most updates do not require rebooting your computer.
- Virus database updates are small sized, thus requiring little download time and do not congest the network.
- You can easily schedule the Nod32 upgrades so that they don't interfere with your normal activity.
- Users with dial-up Internet access are provided with the special intelligent system of smart updates.
- Works normally through the proxy-servers.
- Updates may be downloaded from the network server, even if the computer doesn't have access to the Internet.
- You may create a floppy or a CD containing the update for the out of network computers.
- You may configure the update system so that it fits the hierarchy within your local network system.
- Users are enabled to protect their settings with passwords.
Nod32 antivirus is famous for its small size and low requirements to the system resources and Internet connection. It is both comfortable and effective for those who run large networks of the most up-to-date computers and those, who still work on the older PCs. Regular updates and nice support from the Nod32 developers cater to those who want to have their computer efficiently protected.