Let's talk about divorce. It's one of those subjects that make most people cringe. Odd as it may be, the world has become comfortable with the idea and it is widely being accepted in most circles. Many people don't know how to get a divorce or they don't want a divorce. However, no matter what you need or want, you must know divorce facts.
There are plenty of reasons to get a divorce. And many people can tell you how to get a divorce; however, there are rare cases in which divorce facts can be few and far between. The information is just not well known or it just isn't there. This is usually the case when you want an abandonment divorce. Cases of this nature are not well known and neither is the how to get a divorce under this circumstance.
What are your options - this can be a tough question because divorce laws can differ depending on where you are; however, the basics give you three general options:
1. If you don't want a divorce - don't get one.
2. Try to find the person who abandoned you while you stay married to them.
3. Get an abandonment divorce.
None of these options are pretty. Some can cause you a lot of financial difficulty. It seems that deciding whether or not you need an abandonment divorce is up to you depending on the facts that you have. Should you come to the conclusion that you want an abandonment divorce and don't know how to get a divorce in this way, the following steps should help you on figuring out how to get a divorce.
Here are some divorce facts on abandonment divorce:
1. Not everyone can be granted this type of divorce. There is a specific criterion that must be met and it is outlined in items 2-6.
2. Establish the person is actually gone or refusing to be found. This can be done by filing a missing persons report and having the police follow up on the case to see if they can find them.
3. There is a waiting period that can vary by state when you can actually ask for an abandonment divorce. Check the divorce facts online or ask someone how long this waiting period is.
4. Make a legitimate effort to find this person. Most often, this is proven through newspaper ads in papers across the nation that must stay posted for a certain amount of time. In the case they never respond, you can offer these ads as proof for your divorce.
5. Make sure you know how to get a divorce by abandonment and gone through all the proper channels. In the case that you have, then you will be granted an abandonment divorce.
6. Make sure you read up on all the possible divorce facts you can. It can all come back to haunt you if you haven't done it right.
7. Just because you have received an abandonment divorce, does not mean the person can't contest certain items in the decree later. The documents of divorce are never concrete and should never be viewed as so.
All of these facts are well and good on how to get a divorce when you have been abandoned - however, how do you know if these rules apply to you. The laws for divorce differ from place to place and the only way to truly know if this is one of your options is to check with the local authority.